Founder and CEO, Longs Peak Analytics
Information Technology and Services | Greater Denver Area, US
• I’ve been helping people get maximum insight from their data assets since 2004, long before “big data” was a buzzword or “data science” was a career. My career has grown with the field.
• My multi-disciplinary background includes teaching and coaching experience, and I have professionally worked in corporate, non-profit, academic, and consulting settings. I greatly enjoy sharing knowledge and providing clarity that empowers businesspeople in their craft.
• I utilize whatever techniques available to be an effective data-driven storyteller, with a unique focus on the visual and aesthetic. I weave together programming, statistics, and presentation skills.
• The field of analytics is evolving: I’m committed to lifelong learning, voraciously studying new techniques and actively participating in communities of data scientists and analytics experts.
Specialties and Software Expertise
• Statistics and predictive modeling techniques. Factor analysis, CHAID, K-means clustering, multivariate linear and binary logistic regression, Bayesian statistics. Proficient with SPSS, experienced with SAS and R
• Database programming and maintenance. Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, MongoDB, Hadoop
• Data analysis, manipulation, and management. Python, Visual Basic, Microsoft Office
• Business intelligence and reporting. Microsoft SSRS, Cognos 8, SAP BusinessObjects, Tableau, d3.js, Google, other charting APIs
• Survey design and A/B testing. SPSS, Google Analytics, Omniture